Forum rules and moderators
We are very proud of our community's spirit and activity on the forums. There are a number of Moderators (Mods) whose job it is to help ensure the forums are enjoyable for all users and to assist users when requested. While using the forums, the general behavior rules apply. However there are some forum-specific rules as well to ensure the friendly spirit remains. Some forums have additional specific rules, which can always be found in the sticky topic in the relevant forum. The Moderators have the authority to issue forum bans and warnings as a way to enforce the rules.
GMs also have moderation powers, and can deal with more severe violations (which can cause complete suspension from the game). Please remember that having Supporter doesn't prevent you from being able to be banned, and you will not be refunded if you are.
Moderator decisions can be appealed to the Senior Moderators, who have the final say. Punishments that are under appeal may be increased or decreased once a final decision is made.
In the forum areas of Hattrick you must follow our rules for behavior. You are not allowed to:
- Advertise players (buying or selling) or request valuations (use the transfer search to find who to buy). When you put a player up for sale, other managers will find him via the search without the need for ads.
- Request friendly matches (use the friendly pool for this).
- Spam, e.g. posting the same message multiple times.
- Bump threads (posting merely to promote yourself or a certain thread).
- Make posts to provoke or troll.
- Swear or use excessive profanity.
- Post racist, sexist, or personal attacks or attacks on a specific nation or religion.
- Post political or religious discussions.
- Make cheating accusations (use the report cheaters page).
- Request help with or promote illegal software downloads or software CD-keys or to ask for torrents and/or streams for (sporting) events.
- Pretend to be an HT official when you are not.
- Talk about official decisions regarding specific users or cases, or publish correspondence with HT officials without permission.
- Use public forums (including desolate ones) as you would a federation forum.
Federations forums (a Supporter feature) are meant to be a more private part of Hattrick, where the federation members themselves can set up their own agenda and their own rules to some extent. However, even in federations it is against the rules to:
- post about anything that is considered illegal by law (including links to illegal material and real life threats)
- use federations as a platform to promote hate speech
- organize or plan activities that intentionally are meant to attack or provoke other users, including Hattrick Officials
- publish any staff correspondence without explicit consent of Hattrick Officials
For issues in Federation forums, the federation presidents (and any moderators they appoint) are responsible and they have the means to deal with them as they see fit. They have the possibility to delete inappropriate messages, can remove members from the federation, and can appoint federation moderators to assist them with maintaining order on the federation forum. Additionally, you can choose to leave the federation yourself to avoid escalating conflicts.